Publications and Sources
The Federal Reserve System conducts research and leads efforts to identify and address emerging risks facing U.S. financial institutions of all sizes
This newsletter is designed to highlight a few current risk topics and some potential risk topics on the horizon for the Seventh District and its supervised financial institutions.
Community Banking Connections
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council Guidance on Social Media December 2013
- Bulletin on Homeownership Counseling List Requirements November 2013
- Implementation of Mortgage Servicing Rules October 2013
Federal Reserve – Speeches and Releases
- Federal Reserve Stress Tests March 2014
Aggregated and firm-by-firm results from the annual stress tests of large financial institutions.
- Incorporating Financial Stability Considerations into a Monetary Policy Framework March 2014
Federal Reserve Governor Jeremy Stein addresses the relationship between monetary policy and efforts to stabilize the financial system.
Financial Crimes Enforcement Network
- Guidance to Financial Institutions on Marijuana Businesses February 2014
The network of U.S. law enforcement agency issues guidance to financial institutions in light of shifting laws governing the sale of marijuana.
Financial Stability Board
Financial Reforms – Progress and Challenges February 2014
Letter from Chairman Mark Carney to finance ministers around the glove. Topics include too-big-to-fail, shadow banking and derivatives markets.
Financial Stability Oversight Council
2013 Annual Report April 2013
Financial Stability Oversight Council – The council of top U.S. financial regulators issued
Shared National Credit Program
2013 Report October 2013
Three U.S. agencies release findings after reviewing $800 billion of the $3 trllion shared national loan market, including elevated risk in leveraged lending underwriting.