STREAM Course Information
Supervision Technology Risks: Educate, Analyze and Manage
STREAM is focused on supporting the 3Rs of Risk Identification, Analysis and Resolution by providing educational and analytical products and services. Key activities of the team include educating examiners, peers and stakeholders on existing and emerging technologies, analyzing technologies and data from a practical and strategic perspective and managing those risks.
The Federal Reserve System's training program for assistant examiners is set forth in the Examiner Commissioning Program. Assistant examiners choose from one of three specialty areas (safety and soundness, consumer affairs or information technology). The assistant examiner is eligible to be considered for commissioning after completion of three levels of course work, including passing two proficiency examinations and demonstrating job-related proficiency to the satisfaction of their Reserve Bank management.
Course Descriptions & Information
The course descriptions outline course content and learning objectives for each course. Many courses contain pre-course work, which must be completed by the participant before the first day of class. To some extent, the courses and descriptions will vary from year to year. You may earn 11-32 credit hours for each course. Courses available include:
- Information Systems Vulnerability Management
- Mobile Banking
- Network Security
- Operating Systems
- Social Media Risks
- Supervisory Themes and Emerging Topics
For a complete course listing, please download the brochure.
Who May Attend?
- Banking supervision staff of the Federal Reserve System.
- Examiners and staff members from state agencies, foreign central banks and other regulatory agencies are accommodated on a space available basis.
- Each class has a limited number of seats.
- When a class reaches maximum capacity, additional registrants are placed on a waiting list and will be notified when and if their status changes.
- Classes are subject to cancellation in the event of insufficient registrations.
- Non-System participants may be subject to an enrollment fee for offerings hosted by the Supervision & Regulation Technology Lab in Chicago.
- All reservations for non-System participants are on a first-come, first-served basis and will only be considered after System staff requests have been filled.
- Requests sent via e-mail should include full contact information (name, address, telephone and e-mail address) for all registrants and the point of contact for the request.
- Registrations will be confirmed via e-mail.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $550.00 will apply to all non-Federal Reserve System participants.
- Accomodations are not included; each participant must arrange their own transporation and lodging.
Please contact your training coordinator for more information and to register for a class:
U.S. Federal Regulators
Contact: Gail Bellamy-Saldano
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Tel: (312) 322-6412
Contact: Maribeth Seraj
Federal Reserve Board of Governors
Tel: (202) 736-5557
Registration, refund, complaint and/or course cancellation questions?
Please contact Gail Bellamy-Saldano (see above for contact information).