Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I learn about open opportunities with the Fed?
All open positions are posted online at ChicagoFed.org. You may search for available positions and submit your profile and resume online.
2. What should I do if I cannot find an opportunity that matches my skills?
There is a good chance that an opportunity requiring your skills and experience will be available in the future. You are invited to stay on top of our website and leverage job search alerts to explore the many available opportunities and apply online.
3. How can I send in my resume to the Fed?
To maximize your chances of success, we encourage you to apply to the posting online. This is required for all open positions.
4. How will I know if my resume has been received?
You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of your profile within 24 hours. This will be sent to the email address you have given us.
5. Where can I find information about internships with the Fed?
Internship options vary across the Bank. To learn more about and apply for an internship please visit our website.
6. Does the Fed participate in any career events?
The Fed participates in several onsite and offsite career events year round to proactively recruit top talent to the Bank.
7. Where can I learn about which part of the Fed my interests and skills are best suited to?
To learn more about the structure of our organization and review our different career path opportunities, please visit the Specialty Roles and Areas of Opportunity sections on our website. Once you've done your research, view our open positions to see if there is a position that matches your needs.
8. Where can I find information on Benefits offered?
Please refer to the benefits section of our website. We have a very competitive benefits package.
9. Does the Fed provide support for ongoing education?
Success, to the Fed, means hiring the best people and investing in their ongoing development. We are a learning organization. As your career goals change and grow, we can support you with the tools and education you need to progress and achieve your development goals.
10. What is the application assessment process?
Your information will be made available to our recruiting professionals once you apply online. Our team will review your qualifications, skills and experience for the position and possibly for other open positions, if applicable. You will be contacted if you are selected for consideration. Your information will be maintained in the Bank’s recruiting database for future consideration as well. You can also view your application status on our website.