Market Operations Monitoring and Analysis (MOMA) is a Function within the Markets Group of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, which operates across locations in NY and Chicago. MOMA is responsible for:
- Implementing domestic open market and foreign currency operations in a manner that is consistent with the FOMC authorization and directives,
- Monitoring and analyzing global financial markets to inform the formulation and implementation of monetary and financial stability policy,
- Providing capital markets-related fiscal agency and other services to the U.S. Treasury,
- Transacting on behalf of foreign and international monetary authorities, and
- Supporting the publication of robust and resilient money market reference rates.