Cash Operations Specialist II,
- Where are you from? Tarlac City, Philippines
- What is your educational background? Graduated High School and took some general college courses.
- When did you start at the Bank? 1983
- What do you do at the Bank?
I prepare currency shipments for financial institutions throughout the 7th district (including Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin and Iowa). I work on a team that receives shipments of new currency from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing on a weekly basis. The team I work on also manages the reserve holdings in our vaults. I am responsible for making sure currency is distributed amongst our team in FIFO order.
- Why do you like working here?The bank offers great health benefits and dollar for dollar matching in the 401K. They also have a good tuition reimbursement program. I really love how I have the opportunity to meet and work with many different people within the organization.
- Why would you recommend the Chicago Fed as a good place to work? I recommend the Chicago FED to young people who set their dreams high. As an employee of the FED you can always work your way up from an entry level position to the highest level position within the organization. There is a lot of great opportunities here. It is also nice to work around good and friendly people as well as receive great employee benefits.
- What do you do in your free time?Spending quality time with my family, traveling to the Philippines annually and going to exciting Cubs games with my 2 sons!