CRSO Industry Relations Representative,
Customer Relations and Support Office
- Where are you from? Minooka, Illinois.
- What is your educational background? I have a B.A. in political science and English literature from McKendree University. I also have a M.A. in political science from the University of Illinois and a MS in public policy and management from Carnegie Mellon University.
- When did you start at the Bank? 2014 as an intern
- What do you do at the Bank?
I work in the Industry Relations Program, which is part of the Customer Relations and Support Office and charged with establishing and strengthening industry relationships that contribute to achieving payment system improvement goals.
The bulk of my work has focused on executing tactics described in “Strategies for Improving the U.S. Payment System,” specifically the faster and secure payments task forces. Working with the Bank’s strategy teams, my team helped develop engagement strategies, communications, and executed dynamic projects that led to several successful task force work products. In addition to supporting the work of the task forces, I also develop communication campaigns designed to engage and inform payment system stakeholders, such as those who have joined our FedPayments Improvement Community, about recent developments and initiative underway. Executing this work entails not only engaging with external stakeholders on these efforts, but also partnering with many departments across the Bank, such as marketing, analytics, and sales, to achieve our objectives.
- Why do you like working here? I am fortunate to work on a team, and at an organization, that allows me to continually develop my professional skills while working to carry out the Bank’s mission. There is nothing better than going to work every day knowing that your role is a part of something larger that contributes to the public good.
- What makes for a successful Chicago Fed employee? Flexible, innovative, and goal-oriented
- What do you do in your free time? I enjoy playing video games, reading, and going to the Museum of Science and Industry with my daughter and husband.