STREAM Course Background!$!$
Letter from the Manager
The Federal Reserve System's training program for assistant examiners is set forth in the Examiner Commissioning Program. Assistant examiners choose from one of three specialty areas (safety and soundness, consumer affairs or information technology). The assistant examiner is eligible to be considered for commissioning after completion of three levels of course work, including passing two proficiency examinations and demonstrating job-related proficiency to the satisfaction of their Reserve Bank management.
The program provides significant training on internal controls, information technology, risk management, risk-focused examination techniques and integrated supervision concepts. In addition, the curriculum is designed to enhance the individual's analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
The course descriptions linked below outline course content and learning objectives for each course. Many courses contain precourse work, which must be completed by the participant before the first day of class. To some extent, the courses and descriptions will vary from year to year. Please feel free to contact us with questions.
Who May Attend?
- Banking supervision staff of the Federal Reserve System.
- Examiners and staff members from state agencies, foreign central banks and other regulatory agencies are accommodated on a space available basis.
- Each class has a limited number of seats.
- When a class reaches maximum capacity, additional registrants are placed on a waiting list and will be notified when and if their status changes.
- Classes are subject to cancellation in the event of insufficient registrations.
- Non-System participants may be subject to an enrollment fee for offerings hosted by the Supervision & Regulation Technology Lab in Chicago.
- All reservations for non-System participants are on a first-come, first-served basis and will only be considered after System staff requests have been filled.
- Requests sent via e-mail should include full contact information (name, address, telephone and e-mail address) for all registrants and the point of contact for the request.
- Registrations will be confirmed via e-mail.