This page provides links to banking, securities, insurance and commodities/futures glossaries which provide common terms and definitions used in those industries.
This is list of abbreviations and glossary of terms commonly used in the banking industry. The definitions in the glossary are not intended to be comprehensive and complete.
- Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Glossary of Economic Terms
- FDIC Glossary of Common Banking Terms
- Office of Thrift Supervision Glossary
These glossaries define terms that will help you while you are shopping for securities products. It will assist you in understanding some of the most common terms.
- Iowa Division of Insurance (Securities Glossaries)
- Indiana Secretary of State Investment Terms
- NASD Glossaries
These glossaries define terms that will help you while you are shopping for insurance products. It will help you understand some of the most common terms.
This glossary defines terms that will help you while you are shopping for commodities/futures products.