Topics to be discussed during the one-day conference will be legal, documentation and social matters, use of the Matricula card, and employment and housing concerns.
The event will also inlcude a special panel of experts on various topics affecting immigrants and their ability to obtain full and fair access to the U.S. financial system. The panel will feature Rosa Mendoza, The Diversity Service Center of Iowa; Marco Laviada, immigrant entrepreneur and small business owner, Muscatine, IA; Marco Adasme, New Iowan Center, Muscatine, IA; and other bankers and government officials in the Muscatine, IA area.
- Employers of immigrant workers
- Researchers interested in immigrant and working poor issues
- Public and private agencies serving immigrants and lower-income workers
- Compliance, CRA and other officers of financial institutions.
- Serving the financial needs of immigrant populations
- Legal services to immigrants
- Documentation issues surrounding the IRS, Social Security and the Matricula card
- Financial access as a tool to stem poverty and welfare dependence.
Availablity and Other Information
There is no charge for the event. Seating availability, however, is limited. A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Back To Top