Regulations and Guidance
On this page you will find information on banking, consumer compliance and supervision and regulation guidance as well as Board of Governors Supervision Manuals and how to information for bankers on specific topics such as applications, bankers' guides and filing reports.
- Incorporation of Federal Reserve Policies into the Savings and Loan Holding Company Supervision Program (SR 14-9)
- Consolidated Recovery Planning for Certain Large Domestic Bank Holding Companies (SR 14-8)
- Loan Coverage Requirements for Safety and Soundness Examinations of Community State Member Banks (SR 14-7)
- Addendum to the Interagency Policy Statement on Income Tax Allocation in a Holding Company Structure (SR 14-6)
All Guidance Information on Board of Governors Regulations
Bank regulation entails issuing specific regulations and guidelines governing the operations, activities and acquisitions of banking organizations. Read more...
Supervision and Regulation Letters
Supervision and Regulation Letters, commonly known as SR Letters, address significant policy and procedural matters related to the Federal Reserve System's supervisory responsibilities.
Note: Obsolete letters or letters that contain confidential supervisory information are not included.
Board of Governors Supervision Manuals
These manuals are intended to provide guidance to supervisory personnel in planning and conducting examinations and inspections and are to be used in conjunction with other supervisory guidance and manuals.
- All Manuals
- Bank Holding Company Supervision Manual
- Bank Secrecy Act Manual/Anti-Money Laundering Examination Manual
- Commercial Bank Examination Manual
- Community and Economic Development Research Information Center (CEDRIC)
- Consumer Compliance Handbook
- Examination Manual for U.S. Branches and Agencies of Foreign Banking Organizations
- FFIEC Information Technology (IT) Examination Handbook
- Trading and Capital-Markets Activities Manual
- User's Guide for the Bank Holding Company Performance Report