Frontiers of Macroeconomics
A Conference Recognizing Martin Eichenbaum's Contributions to Economics
The Chicago Fed is sponsoring this conference organized by Lawrence Christiano, Northwestern University and Chicago Fed consultant, and Jonas Fisher, Chicago Fed, to be held on October 10-11, 2014. We are pleased to have Frank Smets of the European Central Bank as our keynote speaker. Charles Evans of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago will introduce him. The program includes presentations of eight papers with discussants. Presenters along with their discussants include the following:
- Mark Gertler, New York University, discussed by Jordi Gali, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- Robert Hall, Stanford University, discussed by Susanto Basu, Boston College
- Lars Hansen, University of Chicago, discussed by Martin Schneider, Stanford University
- Per Krusell, Stockholm University, discussed by Victor Rios-Rull, University of Minnesota
- Valerie Ramey, University of California—San Diego, discussed by Richard Rogerson, Princeton University
- Thomas Sargent, New York University, discussed by John Leahy, New York University
- Christopher Sims, Princeton University, discussed by Marco Bassetto, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and University College London
- Mike Woodford, Columbia University, discussed by Mirko Wiederholt, Goethe University Frankfurt
This is an invitation only conference. To secure your place at this one and a half day conference, please register early by contacting Sandy Schneider via email. Information will be updated on this website as it becomes available.
Dinner will conclude at 10 p.m.
Box lunches will be ready to grab-and-go at start of this session.
Reservation Information: Please book online or call (877) 303-0104.
Reservation Cut-off Date: September 18, 2014
Located next door to the Chicago Fed, this 5 star property is the largest luxury hotel in Chicago. Housed in a landmark building designed by renowned architect Daniel Burnham, this hotel opened in November 2010, after undergoing a $396 million restoration. The 610 rooms include all the luxuries expected from a 5 star hotel. This property also features a world-class 20,000 square foot spa and wellness center and The Florentine Restaurant featuring a seasonal menu with a focus on Italian/American fare.