Federal Reserve System Day Ahead Conference on Financial Markets and Institutions
The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas sponsored the fifth annual “day ahead” conference on Thursday, January 5, 2012, (the day before the beginning of the 2012 ASSA meetings in Chicago). The Federal Reserve System employs a large number of economists whose primary research interests relate to financial markets and financial institutions. This is an extremely important area, as witnessed by the heated policy issues debate in recent years. The goal of the “day ahead” conference is to help build a community among these economists, as well as to give them the opportunity to develop ties outside the System. Holding the conference around the ASSA meetings has been helpful in increasing the number of attendees.
All System staff members are invited to attend, but must register in advance.
Conference Organizing Committee
- Doug Evanoff, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- Scott Frame, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Diana Hancock, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- Wayne Passmore, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- Harvey Rosenblum, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
Last Updated: 01/03/2012